Mentoring is not just about the person being mentored, being a Mentor is a fantastic experience for the Mentor too:
- Volunteering opportunity to "put something back" and generate a feeling of achievement.
- Personal development and enhancement of "people development" skills which can be used in the workplace.
- An opportunity to reflect on your own experience from a new perspective.
- Increased job satisfaction and motivation of both you and of others.
- Wider contacts outside of your current business environment.
- Demonstration of commitment to development.
- A broader understanding of the issues facing people looking for work or a career today and their expectations of coming into the workplace.
- Passing on successes/insights about work or life chances.
- Satisfaction from listening and offering advice.
- Feeling valued by others allows Mentors to feel they are giving back to society.
- Expands your horizons & insights.
Mentoring can be beneficial for your organisation too, creating a culture that encourages learning & development
- Increased level of business and economic awareness.
- Increased awareness of what your organisation has to offer.
- Publicity for the Scheme provides a good public relations opportunity.
- A different staff development opportunity for its employees.
- Additional business opportunities via networking.