The Mentor Hive is operated by Ixion Holdings Ltd, a Not-for-Profit organisation.
Ixion Holdings Ltd ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Ixion Holdings Ltd of London House, 2nd Floor, 111 New London Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 0QL.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our site www.thementorhive.com ("our site"). This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing to our service, posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our site. Please note that we do not ask mentees to provide sensitive personal data (such as information relating to racial or ethnic origin, religious beliefs and sexual orientation). However, if you reveal such information in emails or other communications hosted by our site, you are consenting to this sensitive personal data being collected and processed by us. If you do not want us to do so, please do not include such information in your communications to, or through, our site.
- We collect certain sensitive data from our mentors. As a publicly funded not-for-profit organisation, we are required to collect such sensitive data to comply with our responsibility to ensure we treat everyone on an equal footing.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access. When communicating through our site, it is important that you remain anonymous. We do not encourage anyone (whether mentors or mentees) to reveal their true identity. You are encouraged at all times only to use your registered username, which should not contain anything which would reveal your true identity.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to third parties who may advertise services through our site. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. Some of the cookies we use are essential for the site to operate.
Cookies are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To carry out our obligations in operating our site.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- To publish on our site any conversations you have with a mentor or a mentee, if you have agreed with them for such conversations to be published. We encourage you at all times to remain anonymous during these conversations, however, we are not responsible for any breach of data protection legislation if you have revealed your identity in the conversations, or if it would be possible to identify you from the content of those conversations.
We may also use your data to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member in our group of companies, which means our subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Ixion Holdings Ltd or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you and must be made in writing.